First I just want to tell you what I've been doing. I think I already told you I got Photoshop Elements 10 and have been learning the program. Also I have created and had printed 5 books for Grandchildren. Now I want to add a tutorial for you if you have Elements and I believe this will work in any version of Photoshop.
Creating a Circle by Magic ( 7 - E A S Y Steps)
1. Go to File, New, Blank and then from the Preset arrow drop down choose Scrapbooking. It should have 12 X 12 inches and make sure the Resolution is 300 and choose color white.
2. Go to the bottom of your Layers and click on the little square to create a new layer.
3. To start we will use something easy but you can use lots of Brushes that will work with this. Click on your Brush tool on the tool bar and then go to the top and choose your Default Brushes.
4. Now Click the Drop down arrow and choose #19 and size it to about 209 then go across to where a Brush is pictured for options click on that brush and on the drop down choose Spacing and then run the slider to about 100.
5. Now go to your page and hold your shift key down and go down the page to about the center left hand side Start as close to the left size as possible without going off the page and start dragging your Dot Brush across the page to close to the end. You may have to practice a little with this. Don’t go off the page at this point.
6. Go to and click on your move tool and then you will have your Dots line with boxes on the ends and center. Go to right bottom corner box and stretch the end a tiny bit over edge of paper on both sides. Then grab the center box and stretch the height up some. You may have to play with this a bit.
7. Now go to Filters, Distort, Polar Coordinates and a box will open, Make sure Rectangular to Polar is selected, Then Click OK and you have a Circle.
If the Dots are oval you may need to Click undo and then stretch them some more. You then should have round circles. If there’s too much space between the top two you may need to go back and stretch a little more on the sides.
You can resize it any size by just grabbing the lower right corner when you click and hold the box will turn to two arrows and just drag to whatever size you want it.
As my photo shows, you can use lots of different brushes to do this and then you can use them to frame your Photos or just embellishment on your page.
Note: You can also use this method with Type.
If you have any problems please contact me and I will do my best to help you. Once you play around with it you will find it is easy. Please show us what you have created. Enjoy!
Until next time
Sep 7, 2013
This is such a great site. You will not believe it. Please go check it out. I am still trying to work out some freebees for you. Just not sure what to do. I really need some comments from you to get something together. Please let me know.